The Jim Moran Heart and Vascular Center at Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale offers the latest, cutting-edge, top quality cardiac care in South Florida.
Holy Cross remains at the forefront of cardiac care
• First organization in Broward County to achieve The Joint Commission's Advanced Certification in Heart Failure.
• First in Broward County to offer Induced Hypothermia, which has shown to increase the odds of surviving cardiac arrest and has also shown to improve neurological outcomes after such an event.
• First in Florida to utilize the iCT 256-slice scanner to offer Cardiac CT Angiography (CCTA). Compared to current standards of care, this state-of-the-art technology is faster, safer, offers clearer images and allows physicians the ability to detect life-threatening illnesses at an early stage, including heart disease, cancer, stroke and lung disease.
• First in Broward County to perform Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacements on high-risk patients and on patients who cannot undergo or are at high risk open heart surgery.
• First in Broward County to implant Reveal LINQTM - the smallest (one third the size of a AAA battery) wireless, long-term, cardiac monitor available on the market.
• First in the tri-county area to offer the Medtronics MyCareLinkTM Patient Monitor -- a simplified remote monitoring system with global cellular technology that transmits patients’ cardiac device diagnostic data to their clinicians from nearly any location in the world where a cellular signal is available.
• First in Florida to perform a Paravalvular Leak Closure using a transapical approach -- an option for patients who are not suitable candidates for open heart surgery due to age or medical conditions.
• First in Florida to use the Prime ECG Vest which, in select patients, may give physicians additional data beyond a traditional electrocardiogram.
• Our team of 24/7 on-call Interventional Cardiologists stands ready to perform emergency cardiac procedures. Our outstanding cardiovascular team, utilizing state-of-the-art technology, can treat any heart and vascular condition, especially in an emergency.
• Our Cardiac Electrophysiology (EP) Lab features a Philips Allura Xper FD10 fluoroscopy system and EP cockpit, which utilizes low frames per second while maintaining image quality, thus reducing radiation exposure to the patient, physician and staff. The EP Lab also utilizes rotational angiography as part of the fluoroscopy equipment, which also results in less radiation exposure.
Holy Cross is committed to high quality health care
Holy Cross Hospital has attained advanced certification by The Joint Commission. This means that this Congestive Heart Failure program:
• provides the next generation of heart failure care
• has met and seeks to maintain The Joint Commission’s high standards
in providing stroke or heart failure care.
Holy Cross Hospital is recognized by Florida Blue as a Blue Distinction Center in the area of cardiac surgery. The Blue Distinction Centers for Specialty Care® program is a national designation awarded by Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies to medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering quality specialty care.
Holy Cross Hospital is also designated by United Healthcare as a UnitedHealth Premium® Cardiac Services Specialty Center in recognition of quality care. To receive this designation, Holy Cross met extensive quality and outcomes criteria based on nationally recognized medical standards and expert advice. The criteria incorporate measurements of breadth and depth of care, staff experience, emergency care, quality and outcomes reporting.
More information on how Holy Cross Hospital provides top quality cardiac care in South Florida is available under our list of services on the left menu.
At Holy Cross, we have broken down geographic barriers to top quality healthcare. If you are an international patient and would like more information about our services, please contact our International Services department or visit us at www.HolyCrossInternationalServices.com.
The Jim Moran Legacy at Holy Cross Hospital
Jim Moran donated $1 million to Holy Cross Hospital for a cardiovascular intensive care unit after undergoing lifesaving open-heart surgery here in 1988. In 2000, Jim and Jan Moran and JM Family Enterprises contributed $6 million for the construction of the Jim Moran Heart and Vascular Center. The Center specializes in the education, prevention, detection and treatment of cardiac and vascular diseases. Not content to stop there, in 2006 they created a five-year, $26 million challenge -The Moran Challenge - and pledged $10 million to start an institute focusing on early-stage clinical trials in heart and vascular medicine. In essence, The Moran Challenge matches $1.00 for every $1.60 contributed, up to $16 million for this vital research.
To learn more about supporting our healing ministry, visit HolyCrossDonations.com.