Heart and Vascular Center at Holy Cross
The Jim Moran Heart and Vascular Center at Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale offers the latest, cutting-edge, top quality cardiac care in South Florida.
Holy Cross remains at the forefront of cardiac care:
• First in Broward County to offer Induced Hypothermia, which has shown to increase the odds of surviving cardiac arrest and has also shown to improve neurological outcomes after such an event.
• First in Florida to utilize the iCT 256-slice scanner to offer Cardiac CT Angiography (CCTA). Compared to current standards of care, this state-of-the-art technology is faster, safer, offers clearer images and allows physicians the ability to detect life-threatening illnesses at an early stage, including heart disease, cancer, stroke and lung disease.
• First in Florida to use the Prime ECG Vest which, in select patients, may give physicians additional data beyond a traditional electrocardiogram.
• Our team of 24/7 on-call Interventional Cardiologists stands ready to perform emergency cardiac procedures. Our outstanding cardiovascular team, utilizing state-of-the-art technology, can treat any heart and vascular condition, especially in an emergency.
• Our Cardiac Electrophysiology (EP) Lab features a Philips Allura Xper FD10 fluoroscopy system and EP cockpit, which utilizes low frames per second while maintaining image quality, thus reducing radiation exposure to the patient, physician and staff. The EP Lab also utilizes rotational angiography as part of the fluoroscopy equipment, which also results in less radiation exposure.
• First in Broward County to perform Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacements on high-risk patients and on patients who cannot undergo open heart surgery
Holy Cross Hospital is recognized by Florida Blue as a Blue Distinction Center in the area of cardiac surgery. The Blue Distinction Centers for Specialty Care® program is a national designation awarded by Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies to medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering quality specialty care.
Holy Cross Hospital is also designated by United Healthcare as a UnitedHealth Premium® Cardiac Services Specialty Center in recognition of quality care. To receive this designation, Holy Cross met extensive quality and outcomes criteria based on nationally recognized medical standards and expert advice. The criteria incorporate measurements of breadth and depth of care, staff experience, emergency care, quality and outcomes reporting.
More information on how Holy Cross Hospital provides top quality cardiac care in South Florida is available under our list of services.
At Holy Cross, we have broken down geographic barriers to top quality healthcare. If you are an international patient and would like more information about our services, please contact our International Services department or visit us at www.HolyCrossInternationalServices.com.
The Jim Moran Legacy at Holy Cross Hospital
Jim Moran donated $1 million to Holy Cross Hospital for a cardiovascular intensive care unit after undergoing lifesaving open-heart surgery here in 1988. In 2000, Jim and Jan Moran and JM Family Enterprises contributed $6 million for the construction of the Jim Moran Heart and Vascular Center. The Center specializes in the education, prevention, detection and treatment of cardiac and vascular diseases. Not content to stop there, in 2006 they created a five-year, $26 million challenge -The Moran Challenge - and pledged $10 million to start an institute focusing on early-stage clinical trials in heart and vascular medicine. In essence, The Moran Challenge matches $1.00 for every $1.60 contributed, up to $16 million for this vital research.
To learn more about supporting our healing ministry, visit HolyCrossDonations.com.
Atrial Fibrillation can increase your risk of stroke, check to see if you have the warning signs.
A-Fib is curable, Holy Cross Hospital offers the latest techniques to help you overcome A-Fib and the need for blood thinners. Learn more about Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.